The kimono is a beautiful and unique article of clothing, but it can be tricky to wear correctly. If you're not familiar with the proper way to put one on, you might end up looking like you're wearing a robe instead of a stylish and elegant garment. In this article, we'll go over the dos and don'ts of wearing a kimono so that you can avoid any fashion faux pas.
Dos For Wearing a Kimono
- Do choose a kimono that flatters your body type. If you're not sure what kimono style will look best on you, it's a good idea to consult with a stylist or someone familiar with the different types of kimonos.
- Make sure that your kimono fits properly. A kimono that is too loose or too tight will not look flattering. A good women's boutique should be able to help you find a kimono that fits you well.
- Traditionally, people wear kimonos with a regular tank top or camisole. Kimono’s can be paired with leggings, shorts or denim jeans. A kimono can be your most versatile piece in your wardrobe.
Don'ts For Wearing a Kimono
- Don't wear your kimono with the wrong shoes. Most clothing stores that sell kimonos will also carry the proper shoes to go with them.
- Don't wear your kimono in the rain or in other wet weather conditions. The fabric of a kimono can be easily ruined if it gets wet, so it's best to save them for dry days.
- Don't forget to accessorize! A kimono can look more stylish with the addition of a few well-chosen accessories.
Check On The Best Online Women's Boutique
At Palette Of Threads, we focus on helping women of all shapes and sizes feel beautiful and confident in their skin. We offer many kimonos in different styles, colors, and fabrics so that you can find the perfect one for you.
If you're looking for women's boutique clothing, check our website or contact us today. We would be happy to help you find the perfect kimono for your next special event!